Growing a site to $100-$500/month, even $1000-$2000/month is pretty basic stuff.
Thereʼs a major difference between those sites and those that cross 5figures per month.
Everyone says when you find something that works… all you need to do is scale it up. But with the way people build their niche sites these days, itʼs impossible to do that. I want to show you how to plan for growth and “scaling” the proper way.
Best niche website ideas
- STEP 1: Target a niche.
- STEP 2: Rank for its biggest keywords.
- STEP 3: Once you start ranking for your biggest keywords and you buildup authority… dominate the niche by ranking for everything.
But whatʼs next?
- The LAST THING that we want to do is work our asses off on our site,get a bunch of links, drive a bunch of traffic, and build up a bunch of authority and then get capped.
- We built all this authority to our site and are finally reaping the rewardsbut now we find we canʼt take advantage of it.
- What do I mean by “get capped?” I mean you canʼt grow. Your site isstuck. You havenʼt planned sufficiently enough to make sure that you can now start expanding.
How does that happen?
- It happens when you donʼt plan for growth BEFORE you build out yoursite.
- Every site I build, I have a list of 5-10 niches I will expand into later on inthe future. Once I dominate my niche, Iʼll expand into these other niches.
- Why? Because once your site is at this stage… growth is sooooo mucheasier. You rank for keywords almost instantly, you require very few backlinks, and there is no sandbox period or anything like that that you may have experienced when just starting out your site.
- Your first few Pillar Posts will ALWAYS be the toughest to rank. This isbecause theyʼre the ones that establish authority to your brand new domain.
- Once you have them up and ranking, youʼll have established more thanenough authority to start ranking for new keywords with little to no effort.
Growth created niche website.
So then why wouldnʼt you plan for it from the start!?
- Itʼs like a snowball effect. When you first start your site… (especially ifitʼs on a fresh domain) then you have to go through the “sandbox” period. You wonʼt rank that quickly, and that makes sense youʼll have zero links pointed at your site. Itʼs not established yet.
- As you start building links, publishing more Pillar Posts, targeting newkeywords, expanding into new niches, ITʼS A SNOWBALL EFFECT.
- Everything you do gets stronger and stronger (provided you followalong with the strategy in the course and are doing the right things).
- Therefore, it gets SO EASY to grow! Look at sites like lifehack.org,techcrunch, inc, forbes, greatist, marcandangel… really just about every other established site you can think of… they rank for EVERYTHING.
- They have the power to publish something today and rank #1 for it by tomorrow.
- Theyʼve been in the shoes of starting from the beginning and workedtheir way up.
Taking advantage of this authority is where the money is at!
- Okay, Iʼm not saying weʼre trying to build the next Forbes or Incmagazine here…. But the model weʼre going after is similar. Building authority, then taking full advantage of it.
- This is isnʼt any new SEO strategy. Itʼs just that people in the internetmarketing industry never seems to really talk about it. Instead of building an awesome indestructible site that gets stronger and stronger over time, internet marketers as a whole tend to look more for loopholes and quick ways to “beat Google.”
- Look at sites like about.com and ehow.com. Theyʼre branching out intoeverything. You might notice that their actual pages that are ranking usually have 0 links.
- They ARE aware of the power that their site has built up and theyʼretaking full advantage of it…. Taking advantage of it is where the money is, and what makes this model so profitable.
- Itʼs the difference between a site that makes $500-$1000/month andthe monsters that generate upwards of 5-figures and even 6-figures per month.
Niche website that make money?
- The most important thing is to plan for growth before you grow so thatyou can grow when youʼre actually able to grow. Little tongue twister there 🙂
- Donʼt just pick a niche and run with it right away. Strategically plan for how youʼre going to grow the site. How are you go ing to expand the site?
How are you going to take full advantage of the authority you build up and turn your site into a beast?
- FIRST: When youʼre choosing your niche, make a list of 5-10 otherniches you will target in the future.
- You donʼt need to do a bunch of keyword research for these futureniches. Once youʼre ready to expand into them, itʼs a different ballgame.
- It wonʼt be like it was in the beginning. It wonʼt require the same amountof effort, and you wonʼt have to wait very long for it to rank.
- So all you need is a list. A possibility. Knowing that there are options.Thatʼs all weʼre looking for here.
Make sure your niche website reflects your future growth.
- If youʼre going to start your site with a bunch of pages about touringItaly, donʼt just register a domain like journeytoitaly.com.
- Stop right there and think… what will be the ultimate niche of your site?Once you target this niche and rank for everything, what will you expand into? What is your list of future niches include?
- In this case, you might want to plan for touring across Europe, or ifyouʼre very ambitious, then touring across the world.
- Then… a more appropriate domain might be journeytoeurope.com.
- Do you see what I did there? Does that make sense?
- Take things one step at a time. Youʼre not a 500 person team. YouCANʼT create 100 pages a day and jump into all niches at once.
- Target one niche at a time. You have plenty of time and that doesnʼt mean a small income until youʼre targeting everything. Remember that each Pillar Post targets over 50,000 searches per month.
- 50,000 searches per month donʼt mean that youʼll be capped at 50,000 visitors per month either. It will be so much more. Once you start ranking for big keywords, itʼs usually a sign that youʼve built enough authority to the site.
- And once youʼve built a lot of authority to your site, you start ranking forjust about every long-tail keyword. Itʼs a beautiful thing.
- Dominate one niche, then move onto the next. But in the beginning,make note of the possible niches you will enter later on, and use it for your domain selection.